Townsville City Council
Townsville City Council (TCC) operates the Stuart Waste Facility, which is comprised broadly of a landfill and a waste transfer station. As part of the Environmental Authority conditions leachate generated by the activity out of the landfill must be stored in an appropriate leachate storage facility. Due to ongoing expansion the additional leachate pond 4 must be constructed.
• Excavation to subgrade level, remove soft sediments, two existing internal bunds and reprofile remaining embankment slopes.
• Process and stockpile excavated materials
• Management of groundwater or seepage
• Bulk filling of void areas within the existing pond footprints
• Construct embankments and internal bund across the pond floor.
• Construct clay rich subbase layer for placement of geosynthetic liner materials.
• Install geosynthetic liner materials across the pond floor and internal batters.
• Placement of ballast on the pond floor and slopes.
• Placement of erosion protection material on external batters.
• Installation of pipework required for the inflow of leachate from the landfill cells.
Have a project you would like to discuss?Contact Us